The alternative to train-track braces
Invisalign is one of the most modern, high-tech and clear alternatives to conventional train track metal braces. If you want to have straighter teeth with no one else knowing then these clear braces provide you with a perfect opportunity to enjoy a confident new smile.
Invisalign works by providing you with a series of clear aligners which you wear for approximately 2 weeks, after each two-week period you swap your clear aligner brace for a brand-new one, each aligner moves your teeth a small amount towards their final destination.
Treatment can take as little as 6 months for the mildest problems.
As registered Specialist Orthodontists and Platinum Providers of Invisalign we are able to carry out the most complex treatments with Invisalign without the need for fixed braces.
These braces have a small amount of flexibility to them and whilst being worn are almost completely invisible.
You will normally be provided with three to four aligners at any one time giving you six to eight weeks weeks worth of orthodontic therapy before you need to come back to have progress checked and be provided with the new set of aligners.
You can take the aligners out to eat and clean your teeth which makes them comfortable and convenient.
See how your teeth can be improved with Invisalign ClinCheck®
The ClinCheck® Is a unique digital representation of how your teeth can look after treatment. Prior to beginning your orthodontic therapy your teeth will be scanned into our computer system.
Your Orthodontist can then visualise how your teeth move through the process. This allows your Orthodontist to see the movement of your teeth in animated format and make adjustments to how you will look before you begin treatment.
How does it work?
The Benefits of Invisalign
- Invisalign is clear and virtually invisible, this means you can straighten your teeth without anyone knowing, great if you have a job that involves being in front of people a lot.
- Invisalign is removable. Unlike braces, you can eat and drink what you want during treatment, so long as you remove your aligners during drinking and eating meals. You can also brush and floss normally to maintain good oral hygiene.
- Invisalign is comfortable. There are no metal brackets or wires as with braces to cause mouth irritation, and no metal or wires means you spend less time in the dentist’s chair getting adjustments.
- Invisalign allows you to view your own virtual treatment plan before you start—so you can see how your straight teeth will look when your treatment is complete.
A truly amazing digital advance in orthodontic braces!
Invisalign for Teenagers
Invisalign offers a range of treatment options for teenagers. The great benefit of Invisalign is that it provides an aesthetic, more flexible way to give teenagers the confidence of a great smile. Invisalign aligners are comfortable, removable and nearly invisible, which means teenagers can carry on enjoying life without the restrictions, irritation and self-consciousness often associated with metal brackets and wires.
Invisalign aligners are also removable, so teenagers can continue brushing and flossing normally.
What options are available to teenagers?
Invisalign has several treatment options available for teenagers, depending on the stage of teeth development.
Some teenagers will be suitable for the same Invisalign treatment as adult patients. Younger teenagers, or those whose adult teeth have not yet erupted can be treated with Invisalign Teen – a treatment designed specifically for teenagers. Your Invisalign Provider will determine which treatment best suits your individual needs and the condition of your teeth.
Why Invisalign Teen?
Invisalign Teen has been developed with teenagers, parents and leading orthodontists who understand the active lifestyles and unique treatment needs of teenage patients.
The Invisalign Teen aligners are made with the same Invisalign technology used for Invisalign aligners, moving teeth gradually without the need for metal or wires.
But because teens (and their mouths) are constantly on the move, we’ve added a few special features:
- Blue wear-indicators fade from blue to clear to help your Invisalign Provider, you, and your teenager to gauge wear time.
- Special features designed to compensate for the eruption of canines, second premolars and second molars.
- Six free individual replacement aligners are included in case any are lost or misplaced.
Contact Wimbledon Orthodontic to learn more about Invisalign braces for teenagers and adults, and book an appointment to discuss the best solution for your smile.